Realize the endless benefits of cloud services including: cost savings, infinite scalability, business continuity, security, mobility, resiliency
Improve capabilities, reduce costs while building trust with your customers and stakeholders through solutions that are resilient, performant and cost-effective. Leveraging our deep knowledge of cloud platforms, Edge offers to design new, migrate legacy, optimize existing and provide managed services on Azure, AWS & GCP.
Cloud Migration StrategyOrganizations migrate infrastructure and applications to the cloud for a variety of reasons. Well established cloud migration strategies can can unlock value in many forms, including but not limited to: cost reduction, adaptability, scalability, resiliency, security, and performance. Various cloud migration approaches exist, each with benefits and drawbacks. Summarized below are the four most common approaches:
- Lift & Shift (Rehosting) - A cloud Lift & Shift involves moving applications, data and workloads without redesigning. In many cases Lift & Shift operations will involve moving virtual machines (applications, databases), storage files from on-premise to targeted cloud accounts. Such activities can be executed as 1st step of a cloud migration, with the plan to redesign once everything is in the cloud.
- Shift to SaaS & PaaS - Shifting to SaaS & PaaS involves using specific cloud services to replace the capabilities of an existing on premise application or platform. This is most often done on an application by application or platform by platform basis and organizations will only shift those that make sense to be shifted to a cloud service. A shift to SaaS & PaaS will free employees up to focus on core competencies and the things that make a business unique and competitive.
- Refactoring - Modifying applications and services to replicate legacy applications whole and intact on a cloud platform. Effective refactoring is priority driven and will provide many opportunities for cost savings. While costs savings are often the driver of refactoring efforts, windfall benefits such as adaptability enable companies to maintain agility in today’s ever changing business landscape.
- Replatforming - The holy grail as it relates to cloud optimization and is really intended for those companies who are looking to fully embrace the benefits of the cloud. This entails replacing the code of applications to gain all of benefits of cloud native technologies and design patterns. In some instances this results in a complete re-write of applications. Replatforming is for those organizations looking to be able to quickly adapt and change to the market with the flexibility to update and push those updates at the speed of the cloud.
Cloud OptimizationAfter migrating to the cloud often organizations are surprised and/or frustrated to find they have not realized many of the benefits initially desired. The process of Cloud Optimization aims to minimize cloud spend, while ensuring that all other benefits of utilizing could-native technology are realized. In our experiences, we have seen a reduction in cloud spend by as much as 45% after optimizing previously migrated cloud assets.
REDUCED CLOUD PROVIDER COSTS
OPTIMIZATION TARGET AREAS
- Cloud instance reduction
- Resource utilization costs
- Storage costs
- Licensing costs
OPTIMIZATION TARGET AREAS
- Application containerization
- Data Archival
- Migrate Public Sites to CDN's
- Transition to cloud-native tools
- Centralized logging
- Resource rationalization
- Adaptability & scalability
- Platform health (self-healing)
- Monitoring & Alerting